Opinionated, Feminist, Left Wing, Writer, Gamer, Nerd, Athiest, Skeptic, Asexual.
Reblogged from fuckyeahhardfemme
I’m doing a little giveaway and its all about the ladies!
I’ll be giving away
- a t-shirt in your choice of Crush the Patriarchy, Cats Against Cat Calls or Riots Not Diets print (all of which go up to at least a size 2xl)
- your choice of five buttons from Modern Girl Blitz
- your choice of jewellery from AddieLeDawn
- friendship bracelet made in the colours of your choice made by yours truly
- "kandi bracelets" or whatever the fuck you want to call them with whatever colour scheme and words you want
- and best of all CANDYYY. who doesnt love candy, cmon.
And now the fun part, the RULES.
- you don’t have to follow me but if you are, then you’ll get something extra
- only reblogs count and you may reblog as many times as you want but please be mindful of your followers
- obviously giveaway blogs dont count (do ppl even need to say this anymore??)
The winner will be randomly selected on April 30th and I’m willing to ship worldwide. I think that’s it. Have fun and crush the patriarchy!!
Asked by Anonymous
Oh so many reasons.
1) it equates the anger of the oppressed to the hate of their oppressors.
2) it blames oppressed groups for their oppression. Bigotry doesn’t exist because people hate bigots. It exists because oppressed people oppose it. It exists because of bigots and because of privileged folks being complicit or tacitly condoning systems of oppression.
3) it’s fundamentally untrue. Hatred of oppression doesn’t lead to more hatred; it leads to progress.
4) it is used to attack any attempt by oppressed people to obtain liberation. Point out that something or someone is repulsively racist and all of a sudden you’re “breeding more hate”.
It’s a fundamental misrepresentation of reality that blames victims and excuses fucked up behavior.
I may start reblogging this once a week. Because—yes.
Also “anger”. So tired of all the “it doesn’t pay to be angry…you have to be polite, and be the better person.” Yes, it would be a bad bad thing if someone understood that they made people angry with their attitude and their words. It would be bad if we let the world know that certain behaviours infuriate us and perpetuate harmful stereotypes that limit certain populations.
Golly, a world with no anger and hate. Is that Fantasy or Science Fiction?
And here’s the fun part, you know how to be the “better person” when dealing with a bigot? Just don’t be a bigot.
That’s literally all you need to do.